Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father’s Day: The Gift of Smoking

Japan uses coins up to the equivalent of a $10 bill: 500 yen (roughly equal to $5), 100 yen, 50 yen, 10 yen, 5 yen and the “yenny,” which is our name for the 1 yen coin that is roughly equal to a penny and oddly floats on water. I have been looking for a coin purse to prevent depositing my high value coins in the couch and the car. Not just any coin purse, but a manly coin purse. A coin purse that makes other men say, “That purse makes him look manly.”

I looked throughout Japan and Istanbul for an appropriately manly coin purse. It turns out that it is hard to find a manly purse (maybe not so surprisingly).

Today, I opened my Father’s day gift to find this…





A coin purse so manly it even has a dragon embroidered on it! Perfect, and then I looked a little closer and realized Kari unknowingly gave me a “Mobile Ashtray!”





It’s hard to find a purse manlier than a purse that can double as an ashtray.

1 comment:

  1. I love it!!!! You are so right. It is hard to find a manlier purse than one that can double as an ash tray. Great find, Kari!

    ReplyDelete